I hope everyone is having a fantastic start to February. Here in the city they call the "mistake on the lake", we are gearing up for our last round of finals, EVER. Thats right people, I will be taking my last final here soon and let me tell you...I never thought I would see the day.
Mike came to visit last weekend and we had a good time. Showed him around Cleveland and even showed him that sometimes it doesn't snow here. We have been extremely lucky here this winter, and trust me, I am so happy we have had little to no snow. We went out with my good friends Matt and Gemma, Courtney and Kellie to Dave and Busters Friday night for some food and drinks, and a little skee ball action.
I played skee ball the whole time while the rest of the group ventured out into other game realms.
Mike found his calling at Dave and Busters and played this game that he won on the first try. The amount of tickets he got was obnoxious and proceeded to run the machine out of tickets. Then we went to the "gift shop" where you cash in your tickets for prizes. It was like we won the freaking lottery, if only you could cash in the tickets for adult beverages. Needless to say we walked out with a shopping bag full of stuff.
Saturday was wedding planning for Mike and I and we got a LOT done. We sent out our wedding invitation on Friday and that was a big moment for me. Its real, its happening, yes folks, we are finally getting married. So we got those done and then we worked on writing our ceremony, which is way harder than I expected.
Saturday night we went out to an area in Cleveland called Tremont. Its an area that is chalked full of eclectic restaurants and bars, some of them owned by the famous iron chef Michael Symon. We went to this place called Southside Grill which has the best Mac and Cheese I have had up here in Cleveland. The bar has everything, from Mac and Cheese to Sirloins to the infamous southern dish, Chicken and Waffles (and its delicious!)

I introduced Gemma to the French Martini..its one of my favs
All in all it was a fantastic weekend. It was great to have Mike up here for the weekend and get to hang out.
Sunday the sports medicine club at school, which Gemma, Mary and I are all on the executive board, hosted our annual Super Bowl party. It was a great turn out and we had a good time.
Now, the fun is over for a few weeks while we buckle down to stay motivated for these last round of finals. I hope you all have a great rest of February. xoxo
Shout Outs:
-To one of my good friends up here, Miss Courtney, for passing part 2 of her boards.
- To miss Stef with an F Mancuso, on a successful homecoming week at UNCW.
-To my sister, Regan. She is getting ready to start her new job:)
- To the handsome gentlemen of Phi Kappa Tau at Longwood University on their new pledge class!
- To my parents, celebrating their anniversary at the end of this month. Thank you for setting such a wonderful example of what a marriage is and the hardwork that is put into it. I wish you many many more years of happiness.
I leave you with this wonderful little video called "Shit medical students say". Welcome to my life for the past three years.

No comments:
Post a Comment