
Well, I dont know about most of you, but December has been quite a busy month so far and we are not even half way through. Between all of our midterms, clinic schedules and trying to study, this month seems to be flying by.
Clinic has been a good but stressful and busy experience this month. I am at one of the busier clinics that the school sends us out to so needless to say, its like I have a full-time job, without the paycheck. Its been a really good learning experience so far though. I have been able to really work on my patient evaluations and have had some good hands on experience in the process.
On that note, I gave my first injection yesterday. I must say it was quite an exciting and completely nerve racking experience. When the doctor said we are going to give him the injection and looked at me, I was like..seriously?! Is this happening to me, I finally get to do something other than cut toenails..YES! And for those of you that are wondering, no they didn't just give me the needle and say "go get'em tiger." We went over the process and the anatomy and what structures in the foot we were aiming for BEFORE we went back into the patients room, so when we were in the room, I knew what exactly I was aiming for and how to go about doing the procedure. And yes, the patient is fine. A great experience overall and hopefully there are more of those in my future. So, that really has been the most exciting thing that has been going on clinic wise.
Other than that, its been studying and test taking. We got our first "legit" snow fall yesterday. Only an inch though and it was gone by the afternoon (thank God!).
Shout outs:
- I want to congratulate Mr. and Mrs. Adam and Kelly Best on the purchase of their new home! Can not wait to celebrate with you guys over the holidays!
-Happy Birthday to all my friends and family with December birthdays. Cheers to us!!
I hope everyone reading this is having a happy and healthy holiday season, until next time.
Cheers!
I got a shoutout!!! Woot Woot :)
ReplyDelete