Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Off to a busy 2012

I dont know about any of you but 2012 for me has been an exciting, fun yet busy year so far. January has been a whirlwind of trips, schoolwork, clinic and of course, wedding planning; and all of which are going well. 2012 is turning out to be a great year. With that being said, I will update y'all on all my happenings of January:

I have been traveling every weekend since Christmas and this past weekend was the first weekend I was not packing, unpacking or doing laundry in prep of more packing in quite a while. New Years brought me back to the wonderful Virginia Beach where I rang in the new year with some fantastic people!!!! Even though we did not go out on the town, I couldn't have asked for a better way to celebrate the beginning of a new year.
The first weekend of January brought me to Peak n Peak Snow and Ski resort in the western part of New York. I have never been to New York before, but would have to say the western part of the state is beautiful. A group of us from school went to celebrate Gemma's husband, Matt's birthday. We stayed in a condo at the bottom of one of the mountains and had a great weekend drinking, eating and hitting the slopes. It felt good to be back out on the snow:)
The following weekend brought me to Tampa, Fl for my bachelorette party and our annual DGSC get together. For those of you who are not familiar, DGSC is the nickname that my girlfriends from high school and I gave ourselves awhile ago. We get together once if not twice a year to catch up and have a girls weekend.
In the words of Stefanie, "Give me Yuengling, or give me death!" yep, she said it.

This year was Tampa, and it was a fantastic time!! Tampa is a beautiful beautiful place that I would not mind calling home one day. We went out and painted the town on Saturday night, went to see manatee's in their natural environment on Sunday and went on a brewery tour of the Yuengling Brewery on Monday and had a wonderful dinner hosted by the lovely Miss Jennifer Stollery. It was so good to see all of the girls and I am truly blessed to have such wonderful friends. I can not wait to celebrate with them in April:)
Bachelorette Party

In other news, school as been good. Our last, yes LAST set of finals starts on February 14th and are done the 26th. Needless to say, I am over the moon excited to be just about done with this academic part of school. There will be a lot of celebrating going on.
Clinic has been fantastic. We are currently at the Veteran's hospital here in Cleveland and I love it. I love the people we work with and the veterans we work with. It makes you feel pretty good at the end of the day knowing that you were able to help those that served our country. Being in this type of setting makes me really happy that I picked the Philadelphia Veterans Hospitial for one of my rotations for my 4th year. I have learned a lot here this month. A lot of our patients are diabetic and many have amputations or open wounds, which we are there to treat. Some days are more interesting than others, but being able to work in the wound care setting has been enlightening none the less.
I think thats all the big things that have been going on since the start of the new year. I hope you all are having a healthy and happy start to the new year.
Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment