Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Change....

Its true when they say the only constant in life is change.  Change has been much a part of my life over the past month.  Finishing my third year of medical school, the transition to fourth year, starting my firsts of five externships and getting married have been the big ones. Needless to say the last month has been a busy one, but a good one.  Where do I begin..
Getting married. Mike and I recently (and finally) tied the knot a few weeks ago and it could have not been more perfect.  I was never a girl that had dreamt about my wedding day, but even in my wildest dreams and fantasies, I could have not imagined our wedding day any better. To have all of our family and friends from near and far come down to the Outer Banks to celebrate Mike and I was such a blessing to say the least.  The weather was the best it could have been, (even with the wind blowing my veil in Mike's face during the ceremony) the First Colony Inn turned out to be a beautiful place and Jennette's Pier could have not been more perfect to party the night away. I have to thank both my parents and Mike's parents for all of their support and work, especially my mother. Without her touch, the wedding wouldn't have been nearly as great.  Mike and I could not be more grateful. 
Lindsay and I right before I walked down the isle.
I also got to spend time with my best friend and maid of honor Lindsay for a week leading up to the wedding. It was soooo nice to get to see her again.  As many of you know, she resides in Australia so we don't get to see each other much, but when we do its just like old times.  It was great to have her around for the big day:)
Me with three of the four bridesmaids at our bridal luncheon
The weekend of the wedding was great. Friday we had a luncheon at my parents beach house for my bridesmaid and few of the family members. My mother did a great job planning it.  It was nice to get to catch up with a few people before the "main event". 
Once a Delta Zeta, always a Delta Zeta

Daddy's little girl

My beautiful bridesmaids, Cheryl, Regan, Kelly and Lindsay

The groomsmen; Brendan, John, Tommy, Dick and our two ring bearers; Colby and Max

Listening to the infamous DGSC wedding song by Stef and Ang

love my DGSC girls
Mike and I went to Playa del Carmen in Mexico for our honeymoon and had a fantastic time!!! We stayed at a resort called The Royal which is about a 45 minute drive south of Cancun. It was awesome. We had a great time.  The place was beautiful, the service was amazing and the food (and water for that matter) was great. We did not do any excursions or any trips. We relaxed and did nothing! We did do a romantic dinner on the beach that was just the two of us which was really nice.  We also did a couples massage which we both enjoyed.  Other than that we spent our days lounging on the beach or by the pool and hanging out by the pool bar:)  
Our bed on day one! And they left us cake!! Bottom picture is a view from our room.
Once we got back from the honeymoon I was off to Philadelphia for my first month at Albert Einstein Medical Center. Of course, it isnt just that easy. To make a long story short, my car was acting up so I took Mike's car up to PA. Found out that due to all the salt in Cleveland over the past three years, we should get rid of my car. End result: I got a new husband AND a new car.  
Einstein Medical Center!

I think this blog has been long enough. I am sure I will have more to blog about in the next few weeks to come! xoxo
Shoutouts:
~first and foremost, to my parents for a fantastic wedding!
~ To all the soon to be newly graduated Dr's from OCPM
~To all the newly graduated kids from undergrad
~To my best friend, Lindsay Cote, for making the trip for the big day and for a great week leading up to our wedding. 
~ To my bridesmaids, thank you for all your help on the big day and over the course of the last two years
~To all of our family and friends who made the trip for Mike and I's big day. We love you and thank you.






No comments:

Post a Comment