Friday, June 1, 2012

Lunch time on the Eastern Shore of Virginia

I hope the first week of summer has treated everyone well. I was fortunate enough to have the week off due to a lull in my externship schedule and spent most of the days at the beach and cooking dinner/being a domesticated goddess for my husband:) Today I left for Philadelphia and decided since I was on no schedule to stop at one of the vineyards that dot the Eastern Shore. 
I stopped in at Chatham Vineyards.  Maybe a five minute drive off of route 13.  The drive up to the vineyard was beautiful.  It was a long dirt road with a southern style home at the very end. 
The vineyard was started ten years ago and they grow and use all of their own grapes.  I know that sounds like a dumb sentence, but a lot of vineyards will import their grapes to make certain wines...not this one:) The vineyard has free tastings (SCORE!!!) and the price per glass of wine was relatively reasonable.  So I decided to make a little lunch break out of this little solo adventure and had a glass of wine and a cheese plate.  
A little solo Alfresco lunch on the first day of June

I have to say all of their wines were very good, but my favorite was their Rose'. Now I am not a huge Rose' fan because a lot of times they are way to sweet for my taste, but this one was delicious. Not too sweet, but not dry either and it was ice cold. Perfect summer wine if you ask me. 
Chatham Vineyards Rose'

The wines they make you can find at total wine (another SCORE!) and another place in VB that I was not very familiar with.  I would recommend it. They also have all kinds of events in the summer that I might have to check out. (Girls weekend on the Eastern Shore maybe???) 
My lunch date/vineyard dog.  He was a cutie

The rest of my trip up the Eastern Shore was uneventful. A beautiful day.  I spend the night here in Philadelphia with Shannon and then tomorrow its off to go back to Cleveland for the month.  
Until next time.
xoxo






No comments:

Post a Comment