Monday, September 10, 2012

Back to School

So I know it has been WAY too long since I last posted a blog, but during the summer months all I want to do is spend more time outside doing outside things like going to the beach and drinking delish cocktails on a deck overlooking water.  I will try to catch you all up with the cliffs notes version:

-June: I was in Cleveland for a school rotation. I also moved out of my Cleveland apartment.  I have to say although sometimes it felt like that day would never come, the last three years have flown by. It is a bittersweet feeling knowing that I no longer have an Ohio address. (10% bitter, 90%sweet) My wonderful husband also thought that we could fit my ENTIRE apartment into his cousins pick up truck...EPIC FAIL! Thank you to Matt and Gemma English for once a day saving the day and storing my stuff in their garage for the summer.

-July: I was home in Virginia Beach for the month of July completing an externship at Eastern Virginia Medical School.  It was a great experience and I learned a ton. I got to work with a lot of great podiatrist in the 757 area.
Mike and I also got to live together for a full month as a married couple. (doing big things here people! We lived together for a whole month!!!!!) The first week was a little touch and go since all of my stuff was in boxes and there was no room for me at the inn. That got figured out rather quickly.
During this month we also got to see a bunch of our friends and family which is always nice. It was a wonderful month at home.
Mike with one of his best friends John in OBX

Me, Kelly and Stef went to Paint n Sip. You bring your own wine and they teach you how to paint. I highly suggest it. 

-August: I was back in Cleveland for my last and FINAL school rotation!!! Can I getta Hell Yeah!!! Once again, Matt and Gemma saved the day and kindly opened their home to me for the month of August. If you ask Gemma and I, it was a fantastic month spent having drinks on their back deck and reading/watching/obsessing over the Twilight movies and books. Yep, thats right, we are well over the age of 13, but those books and movies are AWESOME!!  Gemma and I may or may not have a vampire crush on the one of the lead characters, no other than Edward Cullen.  If you ask Matt, Gemmas husband, August was spent being bored listening to two grown women drown on about a fictional character they thought was hot.  All in all, August was a good month spent with the English's. I am going to miss them. 
Guilty pleasure
I was also able to meet Dominique Moceanu in August. For those of you who do not know who that is, she was the cute little girl that did gymnastic for team USA in the 96 Atlanta Olympics. (no, not the one that hurt her ankle doing the vault.) I was a big fan of hers growing up.  She is now married to one of the podiatrist that works and teaches at our school.  We were all at an Alumni cookout that the school puts on every year and the Dr. and Dominique were there as well.  We all got to talking and hanging out. Then the cookout ended and the Dr. wanted to know where the after party was. We told them we were going up the street from school to grab a drink or two and they were more than welcome to come join us. Well, they did. I have to say she is one of the nicest people.  We ate and drank and watched the London Olympics with a past Olympian. Yep, thats going on my Resume. All n all, it was a very cool experience. 
Dominique Moceanu, me and her husband, Dr. Mike Canalis
Side note: Thank God I was having a good hair day that day!

Me, Gemma and our classmate Mike at the Alumni cookout. Heres to 4th year!

-September: here I am back in the great city of Philadelphia and I am at the Veterans Hospital in downtown. I know some of you are cringing at the fact that I am doing a rotation at the VA because they can be a rather, shall I say, interesting place.  I LOVE it. I have only been there a week and I have learned so much already. The attendee's are all willing to teach and the environment is a very positive learning environment.  
I am staying once again with the lovely and talented Shannon Marriner.  Our nights our spent watching football and singing the Carly Rae Jepson song "Call me Maybe". (old habits die hard...that was our jam in May).  I think this month is going to be a great month and I look forward to whats to come.  
Last weekend I went about 40 minutes west of the city to visit some of my family. The weekend was filled with family, laughs, football and good times. I plan on doing it again this coming weekend and will elaborate in my future blogs. 
That sums up the bigger things that have been going on this past summer. There was plenty more that went on but this blog is getting kinda long. Til next time

Shout outs:
-To the Matt and Gemma, for housing me and for a great month
-To Shannon Marriner, for also housing me this month. 
-To John and Christina Clark. They welcomed their first baby girl 3 weeks ago. 
-To my best frirend, Miss Lindsay Cote, for her upcoming wedding at the end of the month.


* The world lost a great man at the end of August, Mr. Matt Buckley. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family and the Mancuso's. May he rest in peace. 








No comments:

Post a Comment