Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Happy October (I know I am late)

I am writing this post to you from one of those nice little internet cafe's here in Salem, Va. No, not because Virginia Beach lost power but because where I am staying up here this month has no tv and no internet (dagger!).  I am happy to say though, that as far as the Shouldis households go, all faired well with our fight with Sandy.  Beach house, boat, and house in VB are all in pretty good shape. (thank goodness). And for the Barry household, we held up just fine. We lost power for all of maybe 2 minutes, but other than that, it was a pretty uneventful storm.
In other news, the month of October has been extremely busy.  I am up here in Salem, Va doing my school rotation at the Veterans Hospital and I love it. Its a great atmosphere and the doctors here are wonderful to work with! I have learned a whole lot and have even gotten to do a few surgeries myself.  I will touch base on those another time.
On top of doing big things in Salem, one of my good friends from high school, Carolyn, is expecting her first child next month and we had a baby shower in DC for her.  It was great to see her (she looks fantastic!) and all the girls from high school.  On top of the baby shower, we had a fun girls weekend hanging out and catching up with everyone.
DGSC girls
Congrats to the Tabrizi family! We can't wait to meet him

Mike and I also were able to spend a Saturday with the Clark family in the Outer Banks and I finally got to meet miss Daphne.  We lucked out with fantastic weather and squeezed in the beach that Saturday.  The Clark's are doing well and baby D is just as cute as ever.  She had got the beach baby/napping at the beach thing down pat!
Little Miss Daphne..she's got the right idea

hanging out with little miss D

We also celebrated my husband's 31st birthday.  He had a good friend from Las Vegas fly in.  Although Mike was feeling under the weather, he could still muster up the energy to go to one of his favorite hibachi grills.  
Happy Birthday to my wonderful husband

That Sunday we made it down to the oceanfront for brunch at one of our favorite places. All in all, it was a good birthday weekend for him.

Justin came to visit for the birthday festivities

The rest of this month has been a lot of traveling, a lot of clinic and a lot of school work.  Applications for residencies go out November 1st! (eek!) 
I think that it all for now. I hope all of my friends and family up and down the East Coast made out ok after the storm.  Till next time
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment