My first surgery I got to do skin to skin (translated: I did the entire thing, from the first incision to the the final suture closed) and it was awesome. The procedure itself was called a fifth toe de-rotational arthroplasty. (translated: we cut the tendon and some of the bone out of the pinky toe, rotated him back up to a normal facing position like his counterparts, and closed the toe back up) I am not going to lie and say I felt completely 100% confident about it when the attending handed my the scalpel blade and said, "here ya go doctor", but I went for it. I got good feedback from the doctor too, so needless to say, it was a very exciting experience.
Last month when I was in Philadelphia, I was able to spend a few weekends with some of my family and it was great! I got to watch my cousins play football and hangout with my grandmother.
Last month when I was in Philadelphia, I was able to spend a few weekends with some of my family and it was great! I got to watch my cousins play football and hangout with my grandmother.
#10 is Sage and #36 is Thad Man
my god son, Maximus
The second two weekends of the month were spent celebrating my best friend, Lindsay Cote's wedding!!! We took her out for a night on the town in DC and went to a great restaurant called Graffiato. I high suggest it. I tried octopus for the first time, it was interesting. All in all I think the bride to be had a good time.
The girls out celebrating the beautiful Lindsay Cote
Bride to be
The following weekend was Lindsay and Shaun's wedding. It was a great weekend filled with wonderful times spent with my best friend, family and getting to meet all of Shaun's family and friends from Australia. I have to say the "Aussie's" are such a nice group of people. They were all so friendly and were so much fun to hang out with. One of the most fun wedding's I have been to.
The weekend started out on Friday with a Bridal luncheon at Aldo's in Virginia Beach. Lunch was very good and it was a nice "calm before the storm" if you will of a busy wedding weekend ahead. It was nice to get to meet the rest of Lindsay's bridesmaids and Shaun's mom and sister.
The rehearsal dinner was at Waterman's down at the Oceanfront and it was a blast meeting all of Lindsay and Shaun's friends from the yachting community.
Shout Out
The morning of the wedding was spent at the Cote's house with all of us girls getting ready for Lindsay and Shaun's big day.
The wedding itself took place in Virginia Beach and the Cavalier Golf and Yacht Club. It was a beautiful ceremony and a great reception!
We just started our October rotation here in Salem , VA at the Veterans Hospital here. So far, its going to be a really good month. I have already gotten to do some pretty cool things, and I have been here for less than 72 hours. I will save that for another post though.
Shout Outs
-To Lindsay and Shaun, the wedding was beautiful and I am glad you both have a safe trip back across the globe
-To my good friends Kelly and Adam Best on celebrating their up comming first year anniversary!
-To my wonderful husband, on his upcomming birthday on the 9th
-To Lindsay, my grandmother, Gemma and my brother, all that have birthdays this month
-To Shannon Marriner, for letting me crash (once again) at her place outside of Philadelphia for the month of September. You are a lifesaver!
Till next time
Cheers!
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment