Mike and I with the Steveson Boys
Shar and her boys
Dinner was fantastic and we had a good time catching up with everyone!!
Thanksgiving weekend I took Mike around the city so he could experience Philadelphia. I had good intentions on showing him Independence Hall, but after we walked five blocks to find out all the tickets for that day were sold out, he was really happy with me. I could see that we needed beer and food in our future STAT!!! So instead of having a history lesson (which I think Mike was relieved by) we went to a sports bar and watched some football.
After we were rejuvenated, I took him to Reading Terminal Market. The place is like a huge warehouse that houses everything from fresh produce to Amish homemade furniture and everything in between. It was packed (of course) so we did what any normal person would do and found the bar inside the terminal and had another beer or two there.
Independence Hall...one day we will make it inside of there
Christmas Village in Center City Philly
So the next day my good friend Shannon met Mike and I and we went to the Manayunk Brewing Company. The place is huge and had a pretty good selection of beers. My favorite was their pumpkin beer. By far one of the best I have had.
Of course, I couldn't let Mike leave this wonderful city without changing his world with a REAL Philadelphia Cheesesteak. He had his doubts, but you should ask him next time you see him what he thought. (He loved it, if he tells you otherwise, I have the proof on video, it changed his world). I took him to Delessandro's in Roxborough. I personally had never tried this place before, but I had heard a lot of great things about it.
Not your grandma's cheesesteak
The Barry's at Delessandro's Cheesesteaks
On Sunday, Mike headed home pretty early to miss the holiday traffic. It was a wonderful weekend and I think he would come back....maybe. It was great to get to spend a Thanksgiving with our family up in the North.
The rest of my November externship month was pretty uneventful, but it was good. I learned a lot, which is never a bad thing in my mind. I will catch you all up a little later on my externships in another post. This one I think is long enough.
Once again, I hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving! Better late than ever.
xoxo
L
No comments:
Post a Comment