Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy Holidays Part II

Let it snow Let it snow Let it snow...
Philly got their first snowfall yesterday, just missing a white Christmas. It was just enough to make it feel like the holidays. Although I am totally ok with no snow EVER for the rest of my life, it was nice to have a little snow in Philly. The biggest difference between Philly snow and Cleveland snow:
Philly snow: it snows, then it stops. The next day the sun comes out.
Cleveland snow: it snows, and it snows, and it snows. This cycle repeats for five months. 
Manayunk from the top of the hill

December has been a very busy month with finishing my last externship, studying for boards, studying for interviews, holidays, coaching and traveling.  
As some of you many know, my cousin, Bobby is at Westpoint Military Academy and the Army Navy game was here in Philadelphia this year.  Although I wasn't able to get tickets to the game this year, Im not one to miss and good tailgate; especially when it means I am going to get to see my family. 
Uncle Greg, Maximus and I at the Army Navy tailgate

The Stevenson Clan

Maximus and I

Army didn't win the game (again) but it was a great experience to be surrounded by so many people that are serving our country.  Better luck next year Army. 
The following weekend was my Birthday weekend! (woop woop!) Saturday was spent studying and Sunday our diving kids had a diving meet.  The kids dove really well and surprised me with a birthday cookie cake. 

After the meet, Shannon and I got ready and she took me out to the Philadelphia Nutcracker Ballet in Center City.  I havent been to see the Nutcracker since I was a little girl so it was a lot of fun. I forgot how much I enjoy ballet; and in true soon to be podiatrist fashion, I couldn't stop watching the ballerina's on pointe.  It really is amazing. 

Phialdelphia's City Hall

All in all it was a great weekend. Thank you again to Shannon Marriner for making it one to remember. 
Well I think this blog is long enough. Did I put enough pictures in it for ya? Next blog; Christmas at the Beach!
xoxo
L






No comments:

Post a Comment