Happy New Years to everyone!! I hope you all had a wonderful and safe new years! Although I am not one to make new years resolutions, the thought of a new year brings about a certain excitement for a fresh start and another year to look forward to. So to all of you out there reading this that have made new years resolutions, I wish you the best of luck!!!
The start to my new year is busy to sum it up in one word. After I finished my December rotation I headed back to Cleveland for a week. (Which is where I am now) I am staying with my good friends Matt and Gemma. Gemma and I fly out to Texas on Wednesday for our residency interviews. To say our knees are shaking is an understatement. Not only do both of us hate flying, the residency interview is like no other interview. Its a job interview and a oral examination all built into 20 terrifying minutes. So if I end up being eaten alive by the residency directors, feel free to divide my things (and my student loans) among yourselves. (Just kidding about that last statement, but really, we both are pretty nervous about these interviews, and having to spend three hours on a plane...I bet we will be a site to see) We will be in Texas for a little less than a week and while we are there we are going to try to do a little bit of site seeing. As of right now, we are planning on going to the JFK museum where JFK was shot. Other than that, we do not have any other plans. If you guys have any other suggestions of things to do and see in the Dallas/Fort Worth/Frisco area, feel free to shoot me a comment. AND... if anyone knows of a place to get a good pair of cowgirl boots while I am in Texas..let me know...I am in the market for a pair.
Til next time
xoxo
L

GOOD LUCK with your interview, Lauren- I know you'll impress everyone! Safe travels and enjoy your time in Texas. We are so proud of you!
ReplyDeleteMuch love,
Aunt Deirdre and Uncle Phil