Merry Christmas!!!
I hope you all had a very good holiday. Mike and I were able to spend our first Christmas together at home in Virginia Beach. We spent Christmas Eve with Mike's family down in Sandbridge and Christmas day at my parents house. It was a great but short trip home.
During the stay I was able to meet up with some friends. I have to say, it was so nice to see everyone.
Thank You to Ryan and Shannon Harrington for hosting a fantastic Holiday Party!!
Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without a little pre church happy hour
Enough about Christmas, now on to what else I have been up to. During the month of December I finished my LAST externship for podiatry school. I completed the month at Chestnut Hill Hospital up in Philadelphia. I enjoyed the program, the hospital, the location and the residents I was able to work with. I also was able to see and experience a lot due to the fact the hospital does not have orthopedic residents. What this translates to is that the podiatry residents get to act like the orthopedic residents; so on top of doing podiatric surgery, we also covered orthopedic surgery as well. I got to scrub in and assist in total knee and total hip replacements, broken hip bones, broken knee caps, broken ankles, shoulders, you name it!!! It was a pretty exciting month. All in all I learned a lot and enjoyed it.
Shout Outs (brace yourself, there is a lot)
To Phoebe and Jay Harrington, for welcoming a beautiful baby boy into the world on December 14th!
To my pledge/sorority sister Kim and her husband Curtis for welcoming their first baby boy into the world, also on December 14th.
For Shannon Marriner for making my two month stay in Philly exciting.
To my Philly roomates, Noel and Marley; I am so grateful that I had such wonderful roomates.
To all of my family and friends who celebrated birthdays in the month of December.
To all of our family and friends who made the Christmas holiday so special. I can not express how wonderful it was to see you all
So with that being said. I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and nothing but the best in the new year!
xoxo
L
*up next on the blog; new years, a new month, and my many travels during the month of January
Merry Christmas from our family to yours!
No comments:
Post a Comment